11.18.2008

la rok love

tuesday nov.18th, on the search for a new winter coat. 5 hours + a half dozen stores + tons of time in changerooms + tons of cash = very tired arms and full bags of loot. i spent most of my time and money in aritzia picking up another sweater coat and a couple tops. i bought a plaid biker jacket at zara and some adorable shoes at gap kids. they're sort of vans inspired in buffalo plaid. i loved them so much i bought two pairs, one for work and one for play, as they were only 19$. at the book store i hunted for the new kate moss style book but no luck, it was out of stock. instead i bought cobain unseen, to get my 90's fix, you know how i love kurt. all that shopping but still no parka. finally after a new generation sushi fix i arrived home and in my inbox was an email from shopbop announcing they were having a huge sale. they have a la rok jacket that's so cute that i've posted about before. it has a grey jersey hood and gloves that are removable, plus a jersey vest inside that's lined in faux fur and also removable. it was my lucky day because the jacket i've been dreaming of was 50% off and they had free international shipping on orders over 250$. i had to buy a pair of black toms and black chucks too because the jacket was only 200$ but the two pairs came to only 51$ as they were on sale too. now if only free people would have a similar sale so i could get these moccasins. if the canadian dollar wasn't so bad right now they'd be mine already.




9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I just got that shopbop email and I was sorta bummed because I just made a massive sale purchase over the weekend BEFORE they had free international shipping :-(

Cindy said...

that's awful, like really sad. but maybe some xmas shopping? i think i'm going to get my sister something, she loves here see by chloe bag, so maybe another one. u have until the 30th. by the way, what u buy???

Stephanie said...

I know- it's such bad timing isn't it?! lol. kinda my life :-) I bought a Kain tee and (this ones amazing and I REALLY hope it fits!) an A.Wang skirt- the one with the hooks straight down the center: it's half off!

Cindy said...

such a hot skirt. aren't you obsessed with the herringbone blazer coat? i love it. i looked for it at holts today but it was nowhere to be found. i'd love to know how it fits on a none model type.

Stephanie said...

Omgosh I'm OBSESSED!!!!! I wish it was...well affordable.lol. And I totally agree: I wonder what it would look like as well? But the catch for me is the fact that I have the shortest torso relative to my height and as such I'm not sure these very slender BF blazers would flatter me, you know? But I'm dying to own one so...

Cindy said...

u never know with online stuff. there was this elizabeth and james plaid and knit jacket thing i loved online and i tried it on today at holts and it was horrible & huge (and xs/s). it's hard to take a risk when things are 700$.

Stephanie said...

Yes, precisely! It's AMAZING if you see it (at Holts for example) and can try it on and then order it- Like the Smythe blazer. I tried it on at Holts but I have yet to find the all-black on I want. $330 at Holts its sol out everywhere online (where it was once $700 USD) I cannot believe Holts was the cheaper option.lol.

It totally makes sense that the PS1 bag would be the new Balenciaga! I SO wish I could afford it. Perhaps in a year when it's not the it-bag anymore...

Still haven't received my shopbop package yet because UPS delivers during the day and they don't let you select a convenient delivery time and I haven't been home so...hopefully today;-) I'm dying to try on the skirt.lol.

Cindy said...

holts is great for sales. my philip lim coat was 4oo$ from $800 when i bought it. i can't wait for their xmas sale. i can't wait for my coat it snowed here so bad last night and i'm cold. i hate wearing my old aritzia one.

Stephanie said...

I cannot wait for their Christmas sale either! You consistently seem to land the best deals at sales. I need to get on that. With the Wang skirt (so sad, eh?! Thanks for your comment :-)- I realized that it's seriously just about never worth paying full price. When I see how much the price dropped from the initial $400 it makes that price seem offensive when you can get it at at least half off. The obvious stipulation is the size availability with sales. But now I know that with Wang an "8" is really a "6". Sigh.

It's getting so cold here too! We've had flurries but nothing has stuck yet. But I have my winter coat out (which btw I just bought this yr (its a Mackage) and I'm already fed up of!) but my hands are consistently frozen! even though I wear gloves 24/7... they're frozen as I'm typing this.lol.